In a culture of easy believeism and many false teachers, it is important to find sound Biblical teaching. This is especially important on the subject of marriage. Please see our beliefs below and let us know if you have any questions. You can email us at info (at) ABiblicalMarrriage (dot) com. Also see our beliefs on marriage.
The word Gospel means “Good News.” Through God’s Goods News, or the Bible, we have the ability to find, to know, and to love God. Through His Good News we can also escape our bondage of sin and the ultimate penalty of that sin, eternal death and separation from God (hell).
The following are the essential points of this good news that God graciously gives us in the Bible:
- God created and owns everything, including you. – Genesis 1:1, Psalm 24:1
- God is perfectly holy. – Matthew 5:48
- God requires your perfect obedience to His law. – James 2:10
- You have broken God’s law. – Romans 3:10; 23
- You will pay the eternal penalty for your sin. – Romans 6:23
- You cannot save yourself by your good works. – Titus 3:5
- Christ came to earth as both God and sinless man. – Colossians 2:9
- Christ demonstrated His love by dying on the cross to pay sin’s penalty. – Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Christ rose from the grave and is alive today. – 1 Corinthians 15:4
- You must repent of all that dishonors God. – Isaiah 55:7; Luke 9:23
- You must believe in Christ as Lord and Savior, and be willing to follow after Him. – Romans 10:9
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, sufficient and authoritative for all matters of faith, life, and godliness.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three distinct persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God, lived a perfect life, died a substitutionary death on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried and after three days rose from the dead, conquering death, and is now seated at the right hand of God.
4. We believe all men are sinners, falling short of the glory of God, and are in need of salvation from sin and its consequences.
5. We believe that salvation is by God’s grace, mercy, and faith alone, through the preaching of the gospel, repentance, and the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe every believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and is able by His grace to walk in the newness of the Spirit by obeying Jesus and thus becoming more like Him.
7. We believe that salvation includes regeneration which produces increasing obedience and transformation into the image of Jesus.
8. We believe in the future resurrection of those who have died, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to eternal punishment.
9. We believe in the importance of the local church as the body of Christ and the believer’s responsibility to be involved through active membership and faithful disciple-making.